Targeting “Local” Prospects? START HERE ….
Local Search is specifically for prospects in your local geographic area to find your business, learn what you have to offer, your hours of operation, and if “brick and mortar” provide a map and directions to your front door. These directories are essentially “local yellow pages” with a lot more information, and readily viewable on your prospects computer, tablet and smart phone.
All the major search engines not only encourage these listings, but most put them on page one – something your website may never accomplish on it’s own.
So START HERE as soon as you are “almost” ready to accept customers – most listings go “live” in a week or less:
- Google My Business (replaced Google Local +) – https://www.google.com/business/
- Bing Places for Business – https://www.bingplaces.com/
- Yellow Pages (YP.com) – http://adsolutions.yp.com/free-listing-benefits
- Yahoo Local Listing – https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/local-listings
- Yelp for Business Owners – https://biz.yelp.com/
- For more possible options for your business
And to learn more, check these out:
- Web Marketing Today: “How to claim your Local Business Directory Listing” < http://www.viddler.com/v/92d329b6 >